If you’re wondering how to start surf photography, or you’re just new to this site, it can be a bit overwhelming trying to take in all the information, so I’ll take you through the best way to get the most out of the content that’s on this site.
The recommended surf photography gear page shows you everything that I use to take surf photographs, I have used every piece of kit on the page to create surf photos and video, if you haven’t got your equipment sorted yet check out this page first: Recommended Surf Photography Gear
GoPro Surf Photography Accessories Guides
If you already have a GoPro camera and you want to know about accessories and techniques that can make your photos stand out from the crowd you should take a look at the following posts:
- KNEKT KSD6 GoPro Dome Port Unboxing
- Ian Matsko’s DIY GoPro Dome Port
- Pro Standard Grill Mount GoPro Mouth Mount Unboxing
- SPL GoPro Dome Port and Housing – First Impressions
- Top 5 GoPro Bodyboard and Soft Board Mounts
- Lightroom 5 – Built In GoPro Lens Correction
- GoPro Back Cam Re-visited
Surf Photography Water Housing Users Guide
Many readers are already using a DSLR or mirrorless interchangeable lens camera for their surf photography on land, so you might want to explore your options of using a surf water housing to get amongst the action, I’ve prepared several posts on buying, modifying and making the most of a water housing:
- Surf Housing Manufacturers – Links
- Water Housing Controls – What Do I Need For Surf Photography?
- Buying A Second Hand Water Housing
- Water Housing Users Guide – Part 1 – Basics
- Water Housing Users Guide – Part 2 – Which Port Should I Use?
- Water Housing Users Guide – Part 3 – Prevent Water Drops, Wet Port Vs Dry Port
- Water Housing Users Guide – Part 4 – Housing Check List
I Just Need Surf Photography Inspiration
There are plenty of posts on the site which will give you inspiration for your next surf photography shoot, start with these highlights: